Finance Manager - IT
We have embarked on an exciting investment journey to transform our business operations, and hence IT landscape, to support and drive the business forward. Investing in more than £200m over 5 years, this encompasses a new Stock System, a new Finance System (a move from CODA to Oracle EBS), New CRM system and transformational changes in POS, Supply Chain, Website and Digital.
As such, this means the operating cost base of the business is changing and we need a strong finance business partner to provide support and finance challenge in three ways:
- To lead a number of the management accounting and business partnering responsibilities within the IT function as well as with the programme teams and their financial support; holding effective month end reviews, planning budgeting and forecasting meetings, ensuring ownership of cost saving deliverables, and being a first point of contact for the teams.
- To support the Senior Finance Manager – IT & Central with the IT team, to help the team navigate the impact of the changes in the IT architecture and landscape, on the IT Operating Model and total cost of ownership of the new technologies (across IT but also other functions)
- To lead, supported by the Senior Finance Manager, the review and approval of IT and other material contracts, to support (and challenge where relevant) the IT Procurement department on deals, financials terms, and contractual discussions
- To have financial oversight of our £20m Core Investment Capital Portfolio, mainly IT investment for capacity and BAU operations – working in alignment with the Senior Finance Manager and the Finance Analyst.
As the Finance Business Partner to the IT Team, IT Procurement and Group IT relevant elements, the below responsibilities will be key:
Across Business Functions
- Deliver to the 5YP, Budget and Forecast Process set by FP&A for the central functions such as IT and Capital Roadmap
- Business partnering, month end management accounting processes, and monthly P&L review with the central leadership teams in IT
- Complete Flash and Month End Process proactively and efficiently.
Specific IT Business Partnering
- Understand Strategic direction of the Business Partner area, and help them deliver any modelling needed re financial implications of strategic decisions and planning.
- Have a solid understanding of the budgeted costs by area, and challenge for delivery when appearing off track. Help deliver a rolling forecast with proactive call out of risks and opportunities.
Specific Financial Support - Contracts
- To lead, supported by the Senior Finance Manager, a consistent review of any material contracts that we wish to sign up to, ensuring clear understanding of the financial implications and benefits for the business.
- To work closely with FP&A on the development of a risk and opps rolling view of the IT cost base.
- To regularly review and update procedures, policies and process documentation relating to this area.
- To build good working relationships with the varied matrix of stakeholders this role with interact with, ensuring transparency and accuracy in all communications. Relationships are outlined below.
Leading and Managing A Team
- To coach and develop the Finance Analyst who supports this role
- To set and review the objectives of the team member, offering feedback on performance and agreeing actions and objectives
- To role model excellent customer service and high professional standards
- To plan own work effectively, to communicate clearly with others and provide guidance, ensuring the right information is delivered to the right people right first time.
The Ideal Candidate
- Self-starter with experience of understanding, documenting and accounting for business processes
- Ability to consolidate specialist knowledge from different departments across different areas to give a total overview
- Have a recognised accountancy qualification, ideally ACCA
- Experience of organizing, managing and developing a team member
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient, with an ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge and experience in IT Contracts is needed, with some exposure to capital IT projects and project accounting.
- Oracle use and Oracle contracts exposure would be ideal
- Transfer Pricing would be ideal but not essential
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills
- PC skills - Good excel, excellent powerpoint skills sought
- Receptive to change with a desire to continuously improve processes and outputs
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development