Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your financial analysis skills to partner with key business functions? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Finance as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a Finance Analyst you will:
- Provide the Finance Manager with support for clear and detailed financial analysis on trading performance.
- Analyse the weekly reports highlighting any risks or opportunities against budget based on efficiencies.
- Support the production of monthly rolling forecast via creation of forward forecasts for relevant areas.
- Be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts and supporting analysis.
- Produce monthly KPI reports clearly understood by non-financial stakeholders with clear and concise commentary.
- Use the month end KPI analysis to support finance manager highlight risks and opportunities
- Timely and accurate preparation of relevant balance sheets.
- Produce ad hoc analysis and reporting to support decision making.
- Participate in 20:20 projects understanding and challenging benefits from proposed projects.
- Work with the Finance manager to deliver challenging but achievable budgets, including phasing, articulating building blocks and drivers in line with timelines & deliverables.
- Support in the production and delivery of clear and concise summaries of budget detail.
- Identify opportunities and take ownership to improve processes in relevant areas.
- Challenge the status quo and develops basic approaches leading to operational improvements.
- Educate non-financial customers on the financial implications of their actions ensuring they understand the reason for processes and are able to adhere.
- Seek systems and process automation efficiencies that provide cost effective solutions and excellent customer service including designing and implementing new tools and models.
- Plan, prioritise and deliver work in a way that meets or exceeds business requirements and customer expectations
The Ideal Candidate
- Working towards an accountancy qualification or newly qualified (preferably CIMA or equivalent).
- Able to work under pressure, manage and prioritise a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- Excellent in your communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to seek opportunities internally to influence or initiate courses of action or change relevant to the business and is prepared to present logical, evidenced arguments to support them.
- Analytical and excel modelling skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to communicate complex financial process to non-financial customers.
- Able to drive a proportion of own workload and initiatives through to completion.
- Identifies and develops new ideas and challenges for business improvement.
- Possesses a good level of awareness of commercial and business principles.
- Demonstrates clear thinking and evaluates effective and efficient solutions for tasks in hand
- Develops and builds professional relationships and demonstrates professionalism at all times to team and all stakeholders.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development