Finance Analyst- Tech (12-month FTC)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your finance analysis expertise and skills? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in finance as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join the Finance team on a 12-month fixed term contract. This role can be based in either Leicester or London.
As a Finance Analyst (Tech), you will:
- Provide the Finance Manager with support for clear and detailed financial analysis on Tech payroll, and projects.
- Analyse the weekly reports highlighting any risks or opportunities against budget based on efficiencies.
- Support the production of monthly rolling forecast via creation of forward forecasts for relevant areas.
- Be responsible for the production, and posting of monthly Tech accruals, prepayments and other journaling across the aforementioned areas, providing insightful analysis throughout for month-end.
- Ownership for the end to end of a large payroll cost base, including capitalisation, and regular resource analysis reporting.
- Produce the monthly analytics dashboard, providing value add commentary to key movements vs. last month and general themes.
- Resolving regular finance queries on a timely basis.
- Timely and accurate preparation of relevant balance sheets reconciliations.
- Produce ad hoc analysis and reporting to support decision making.
- Lead the monthly project financial review meetings including understanding and challenging benefits from proposed projects.
- Production of monthly Tech steerco packs
- Work with the Finance manager to deliver challenging but achievable budgets, including phasing, within agreed timelines.
- Support in the production and delivery of clear and concise summaries of budget detail.
- Identify opportunities and take ownership to improve processes in relevant areas.
- Challenge the status quo and develops basic approaches leading to operational improvements.
- Educate non-financial customers on the financial implications of their actions ensuring they understand the reason for processes and are able to adhere.
- Seek systems and process automation efficiencies that provide cost effective solutions and excellent customer service including designing and implementing new tools and models.
- Plan, prioritise and deliver work in a way that meets or exceeds business requirements and customer expectations
The Ideal Candidate
- Working towards an accountancy qualification (i.e. part qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Ideally 1-2 year’s relevant experience, in a similar role.
- Able to work under pressure, manage and prioritise a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- Excellent in your communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to seek opportunities internally to influence or initiate courses of action or change relevant to the business and is prepared to present logical, evidenced arguments to support them.
- Analytical and excel modelling skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to communicate complex financial process to non-financial customers.
- Able to drive a proportion of own workload and initiatives through to completion.
- Identifies and develops new ideas and challenges for business improvement.
- Possesses a good level of awareness of commercial and business principles.
- Demonstrates clear thinking and evaluates effective and efficient solutions for tasks in hand
- Develops and builds professional relationships and demonstrates professionalism at all times to team and all stakeholders
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development