Finance Analyst - Digital and Customer
Are you looking for a new Finance Analyst role that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge and expertise to facilitate key business decisions across our Customer and Digital teams? Are you a curious individual seeking a role with autonomy that gives you the chance to provide key insights and recommendations to make an impact? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Finance as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Finance Analyst you will have responsibility to support the Finance Manager and the wider Digital Team in providing effective financial challenge and support to their business partner(s) within the Digital and Customer functions.
You will support the end to end management accounts process, support the end to end budgeting and forecasting process, evaluate the profitability and performance of strategic investment decisions, provide analysis and insights, and assist the wider team on various ad-hoc requests from the cross-functional Digital and Customer teams.
As part of this, you will:
- Support the end to end management accounts process – ensuring clear, accurate, relevant and timely information is provided to all stakeholders and provide challenge where appropriate;
- Support the end to end budgeting and forecasting process – establishing and communicating budget timelines/milestones with stakeholders and identifying risks and opportunities where relevant;
- Evaluate the profitability and performance of strategic investment decisions;
- Provide analysis and insights to support the business in making profit driving decisions across the Digital & Customer functions;
- Become familiar with and report on KPIs highlighting risks and opportunities and providing insight and commentary on weekly Digital trade;
- Prepare and reconcile balance sheets at month end for review with Manager;
- Interpret non-financial information and rework it into financial reports;
- Produce reports which are easily understood by non-financial people;
- Make recommendations to their line manager to improve reporting and analysis;
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business;
- Deal with queries and requests in a professional manner;
- Assist the wider team on various ad-hoc requests.
The role will be working closely with a range of stakeholders across various functions and therefore requires an articulate and confident individual who is able to analytically consider data and scenarios, and ask insightful questions about what they are seeing. They will help facilitate business decisions through providing insight and recommendations. The role requires a curious individual who is willing to both support and challenge stakeholders where relevant.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has excel modelling experience
- Sound business knowledge (preferably retail)
- Preferably has experience working with accounting systems
- Preferably studying towards an accounting qualification – CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW or international equivalent; must at least be looking to start immediately
- Advanced excel skills
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Analytical and numerate
- Strong commercial awareness
- High standard of accuracy with financial and statistical data
- Acts with authenticity, honesty and integrity
- Works effectively and collaboratively cross functionally
- Flexible in work style able to reprioritise effectively according to the changing demands of the business
- Good communication/ interpersonal skills
- Strong-willed and determined
This job is a brilliant new opportunity to work closely with a range of stakeholders across various functions. It doesn’t just stop at Finance either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development