Finance Analyst - Digital & Supply Chain
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of finance analysis to take Customer Experience at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
What is the role?
As a Finance Analyst you will provide the Finance Manager with support for clear and detailed financial analysis across our Supply Chain area. Supporting our Business Partners to deliver challenging but achievable budgets whilst driving insights and actions through deep dive analysis of our Global cost base to improve the profitability of the business.
As Finance Analyst you will:
- Update and analyse weekly cost reports within our Supply Chain area, highlighting any risks or opportunities against budget to Business Partners
- Support the production of monthly rolling forecast via the creation of forward forecasts for relevant areas
- Work with multiple big data sources to provide detailed analysis to support Business Partners with commercial decision making on broader Global Supply Chain related issues
- Be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts and supporting analysis for period end review packs
- Timely and accurate preparation of relevant balance sheets
- Participate in investment projects understanding and challenging benefits from proposed projects
- Support in the development and delivery of clear and concise summaries of budget and latest view detail as well as producing ad hoc analysis and reporting to support decision making
- Challenge the status quo and develops basic approaches leading to operational improvements
- Educate non-financial customers on the financial implications of their actions ensuring they understand the reason for processes and are able to adhere
- Seek systems and process efficiencies that provide cost effective solutions and excellent customer service including designing and implementing new tools and models
The Ideal Candidate
- Skilled. You will have advanced excel skills and have strong technical knowledge, preferably studying towards an accounting qualification – CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW or international equivalent; must at least be looking to start immediately
- Analytical and numerate, You are analytical and results driven, with a high standard of accuracy, able to use a wide range of different data sources to assess performance and identify areas of improvement
- ØExcellent in your communication and interpersonal skills, you seek opportunities to influence or initiate change relevant to the business. Able to present logical, evidenced arguments to support them
- Demonstrates clear thinking and evaluates effective and efficient solutions for tasks in hand
- Experienced. With a background in excel modelling and experience working with big data, whether in a retail environment or other
- Commercially aware. You will be attuned to both the Selfridges brand, its competitors, and the wider retail landscape
- Able to use both influencing and negotiating skills, whilst building professional, lasting relationships at all levels. You are able to relay complex financial process to non-financial customer
- A team player. You collaborate and work effectively with other teams cross functionally
- Adaptive, with the ability to multi-task effectively and switch planning due to the reactive nature of the business
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development