Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge of Environments management to take IT Development Operations at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
The Environment Manager is responsible for defining the Environment Strategy and delivery of all non-production environments across all Selfridge’s programme of work. They define and drive to completion all aspects of a solution related to non-production environments. This role that requires a strong technical understanding of the solution and the ability to manage the customer and their expectations.
The Environment Manager will own and manage the non-production environments ensuring that an appropriate quality of service is delivered to time, cost and quality. The Environment Manager is responsible for negotiations with 3rd Parties and IS teams within the business to ensure that all non-production systems are supported and the availability of defect-free non production environments to the specifications agreed and documented in detailed test plans, and environment requirements specifications.
The Environment Manager will work closely with the following people/teams as a minimum: Architecture, Solution design, Test, Support and 3rd party solution and integration partners. Although this is a not a hands-on role the successful candidate will be expected to show a technical understanding of integration between applications and a strong level of infrastructure and hosting solutions.
As the Environment Manager, you will also:
- Define and implement an Environment Strategy within a technically varied landscape
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems
- Provide best practice infrastructure solutions, managing applications, cost and build in AWS
- Maintain a Release Calendar view of all proposed scheduled Release events providing visibility of the pipeline and easier assessment of any conflicting demands
- Engage with Hosting, Development, Support and Deployment partners to validate suitable processes and controls in place to minimise potential negative impact on release and environments
- Working with delivery teams to analyse environment requirements, identify process improvements and ensure a clear pipeline of delivery
- Provide technical consultancy on environments across all IT application development areas
- Ability to display a strong technical understanding of integration between applications and their dependencies on the platform
- Provide recommendations on fit for purpose hosting solutions to meet programme requirements
- Have the technical ability to work closely with Solution Architects and infrastructure teams to implement test environment changes
- Ensure delivery and availability of required environments within agreed time, quality and budget constraints
- Ensure environments are maintained, refreshed and recycled
- Act as single point of contact/escalation on environments
- Provide robust governance to ensure quality, standards and consistency
- Document environments and underlying components to appropriate standard
- Support continuous improvement initiatives - keep abreast of industry trends, implement best practice, evaluate new tools and techniques, automate processes, upgrade underlying technologies
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar Environment Manager position
- Experience of release and environment management and associated tools, methodologies and approaches
- Experience of devops tools and processes
- Stakeholder Management across varying management layer
- Experience in fast pace delivery environments with competing priorities
- Previous retail experience would be preferable
- Experience of project and programme governance
- Hands-on technical experience across multiple integrated technologies
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent communication, organization and planning skills, pitching to the appropriate level
- Ability to continually question current customs and practice; and initiate quality improvements
- Ability to think laterally to resolve project issues
- Strategic and analytical problem solving and effective time management
- Experience of implementing and managing change IT environment
- Personal Effectiveness (resilience)
- Planning and organising
- Commercial Sense
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development