Electrical Engineering Project Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your electrical engineering skills? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our Electrical Engineering Project Manager, you will be the senior electrical engineer for our Oxford Street and regional stores, taking technical ownership of all electrical systems. You will provide technical electrical engineering advice to the daily management of business-critical electrical systems, whilst also providing technical support to the FM function across all our stores on overall systems.
This involves providing competent electrical engineering support and professional advice to project, operational, maintenance and retail project activity as well as taking the lead in the delivery of high value major electrical infrastructure and equipment replacement projects. These will allow the business to expand the current retail offering and continue into the next phase of the Selfridges lifecycle replacement program delivering increased compliance and resilience. This involves the management of refurbishment works, between consultants and contractors and their liaison with the business teams affected by such works, ensuring the smooth day to day running of the stores, whilst delivering a complete renewal electrical program.
As Electrical Engineering Project Manager, you will:
- Deliver a program of electrical engineering projects, from inception, design, and execution, whilst ensuring these project remain within cost/budget, quality and time boundaries whilst maintaining stakeholder satisfaction.
- Act as the main point of contact for all electrical engineering projects and maintain effective communication and coordination throughout the overall project process.
- Plan and execute projects and specific electrical maintenance in accordance with Selfridges management processes and instructions.
- Support budget preparation and generation of electrical systems strategies
- Coordinate and cooperate with colleagues in the preparation of proposals and business plans
- Comply with all reporting and systems requirements
- Work within a technical team environment as a team player
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree qualified of have an equivalent demonstrable technical qualification or experience
- Experienced. You will have a strong understanding and experience with complex electrical systems encompassing HV power distribution
- An experienced client project manager capable of delivering multiple electrical biased projects of up to £3-4m per project
- Experienced in multi-disciplined engineering program delivery, in a fast paced environment
- Able to demonstrate proven leadership of complex electrical infrastructure programs
- Able to show an understanding of program management principles and practices (eg Risk, Scheduling, Contingency, Critical Path)
- Able to understand and analyse complex building services, specifically electrically focussed, problems
- Interpersonal with demonstrable communication, motivation and persuasion skills
- Driven, enthusiastic, able to show initiative with a willingness to develop self and others
- A good communicator/facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict
- Able to take corporate or ‘global’ view
- Commercially and contract aware
- Skilled at project financial management
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development