Editorial Assistant - 6 Month FTC
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and utilise your writing skills to produce informative and engaging copy? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are looking for a dedicated Editorial Assistant with a strong interest in retail and culture, who can assist the Editorial team in delivering Selfridges’ ambitious content strategy. The Editorial Assistant will support the Editorial team with the day-to-day delivery of editorial content across the Selfridges website and app, ensuring a best-in-class experience for the Selfridges customer.
An organised and proactive individual, the Editorial Assistant is responsible for creating content briefs on a daily basis. Working closely with the digital and creative teams, they will help ensure the smooth delivery of content.
A digital-first thinker with a meticulous eye for detail, they will support the Editorial Project Manager with testing content across site and app, as well as reporting on content performance, and providing informed recommendations to the Editorial team.
Operating as a key support to the Editorial team, they will be creatively driven and eager to get stuck in on all tasks involved in editorial feature production, from calling in beauty samples for shoots to gathering product nominations and building content, as well as ad-hoc copy requests.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent writing skills
- Good knowledge of the fashion and beauty industries
- A minimum of 1 year in an editorial role. Digital content experience preferable
- Digitally skilled and proficient in excel
- Organised and proactive. A great multi-tasker, able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Analytical and results-driven, able to read data to measure performance
- A great communicator, both verbal and written with excellent people skills. Able to form strong relationships with key cross-functional team members, and stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable. Responsive to business needs and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development