Director of Customer, Insights & Growth
The Director of Customer, Insights and Growth is a leadership role within Selfridges responsible for developing our capability to understand, acquire and further nurture our relationship with, Selfridges customers both international and domestic. The position plays a key role instigating, and influencing, commercial decisions taken across the business in order to better communicate and engage with our customers to improve their experience and our commercial success.
The Director of Customer, Insights and Growth will be responsible for leading the existing CRM, Insights and Brand Marketing teams, have operational oversight for customer data governance and will collaborate with internal team members and external partners to provide objective, clear and timely insights and analysis. They will be a data-driven, customer-centric leader with the foresight and expertise to turn insights into a customer strategy and lead the delivery of this through their team.
As Director of Customer, Insights and Growth, you will:
- Lead on Selfridges’ Customer insights and growth strategy; acting as business-lead for customer understanding and segmentation enabling us to better communicate with, and serve, our customers in order to drive commercial performance and experience across both physical and digital spaces;
- Lead the analysis of customer data and customer research. Develop and implement comprehensive market and customer research tools and strategies that enable quantitative and qualitative data to be transformed into valuable, accessible, and rich business insights. These insights are used with, and by, stakeholders for decision making and strategic planning across Selfridges domestic and international markets and lead a customer focussed growth agenda;
- Lead the coordination of core marketing activity across multiple channels and markets, streamlining usability, driving effectiveness and ROI; Lead the Brand marketing team.
- Be responsible for leading, within a matrix environment, the customer acquisition and retention strategies within our key customer segments as well as CRM;
- Use customer segmentation insight to understand our customers behaviour better, understanding why and how they shop with Selfridges. Using this insight to develop and support all forms of content, marketing and commercial activity that deliver our objectives around acquisition, retention and loyalty creating revenue and growth;
- Provide inspirational leadership for the team, setting clear direction and providing feedback and support to enable great performance;
- Promote an agile, collaborative way of working cross-functionally, able to positively influence within a matrix environment in order to drive performance and improve success of cross-function collaboration;
- Develop individuals through effective feedback and coaching, both ad hoc and through formal processes such as P&D reviews;
- Coach our teams to think differently about our ways of working and make excellence in the understanding of our customers the hallmark of the team.
The Ideal Candidate
How you’ll do it…you will be:
- Innovative, knowledgeable and passionate about all things Customer, Customer Insight, Marketing, and CRM, you’ll bring both significant external market insights and competitor knowledge, utilising both to drive new and unique communications and experiences for our customers;
- High analytical with a strong knowledge data and insight. You’ll have deep expertise within segmentation and data, ROI and acquisition whilst also thinking qualitatively to understand our key customers;
- A commercial business leader. You will have specific experience in the development of customer growth and retention strategies and will confidently manage your business area to success and drive profitability and engagement;
- Experienced in understanding customer profiles and segmentation within a complex international consumer brand and scale, driving change and innovation;
- Focused and self-motivated. You continually strive for excellence with the ability to develop and implement strategic plans while considering the bigger picture. A passion for using insight to solve everything from everyday problems to strategic decision An exceptional communicator. You are both collaborative and influential, with an ability to deliver a message at all levels, from presenting strategy at board level, to coaching our teams and influencing others, you adapt your approach and lead with confidence;
- Highly organised and proactive, with the ability to manage pressing and competing deadlines. As well as adept at managing the challenges of multiple marketing channels, customer insights and international development;
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development