Digital Trading Manager – Accessories & Jewellery
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get analytical and use your knowledge of the business to take Digital to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As Digital Trading Manager, you will be accountable for digital sales performance in your categories. Working closely with the Buying and Merchandising teams, Optimisation team, Planning manager and Marketing, you are instrumental in the driving forward the divisional strategy and delivering the category sales plan in line with the trading calendar. You are data driven in your approach, understand the digital customer, analysing the key metrics across sales, traffic, AOV and conversion.
As a Digital Trading Manager you will:
- Use data to work with cross-functional stakeholders to guide and influence future focus & commercial opportunities
- Collaborate with multiple functions. With Buying and Merchandising on range availability and product opportunities, CRM and Performance Marketing to support traffic driving activities, improve CVR and profitability, to finance on business casing and financial planning.
- Build the site calendar of trading events to meet the needs of the market and maximise sales opportunity.
- Manage the planning process of sale budgets from top line numbers to period re-forecasts and KPI setting.
- Lead a cross functional virtual team, pulling together key stakeholders to drive effective trading actions.
- Work with brands on their onsite actions to drive performance, and ensure all teams collaborate to deliver onsight launches.
- Use website analytics for feedback on Divisional performance including sales, availability, conversion, average order/transaction value, then work with the digital optimisation team to improve the customer experience of products online and formulating action plans where needed
- Understands the digital customer and analyses the key digital trading metrics across sales, traffic, AOV and conversion
- Own NPS for their category, and feed in solutions to customer challenges
- Understands the competition, and feeds back on their trading activity
The Ideal Candidate
- Pulling the plan together. A natural collaborator you’ll sit at the centre of the trade planning for your division, pulling together actions into an effective plan and working with your partner functions to meet challenging deadlines and react positively to changes in priorities.
- Data driven. Confident in using multiple analytic tools, and you are experienced in creating and running reports, using them to track success.
- Commercially astute. You have a successful track record in the achievement of targets and objectives, with an ability to stay ahead of competitors and deliver excellence. You will have specific experience in financial planning, digital metric forecasting, and building digital business cases.
- A great communicator. You share information in a clear and concise manner, and are able to influence stakeholders and colleagues where necessary
- Service and experienced minded. Responsible for the NPS in your category, you find solutions to customer challenges, recognising the importance of the digital journey
- Organised and proactive. With previous digital trading experience, you are skilled at interpreting data and responding to it, finding opportunities to improve sales
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking Digital to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.