Digital Stylist - Menswear
Are you looking for a new Mid-weight Stylist role in digital covering menswear that gives you the chance to express your creative talents in an exciting, ever-evolving environment? Have you been searching for a fast-paced role where there’s always an opportunity to learn something new? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Overall Job Purpose:
- To help implement and interpret the Selfridges creative vision through the styling of the Online Shoots.
- To understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios
- To maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work
- Flexibility and strong ‘all-rounder’ qualities preferable.
- Obtain a wide variety of styling techniques across Menswear, including but not limited to, tailoring technical knowledge.
- Attention to detail is crucial when styling products, maintaining a very high quality of imagery is essential.
- Excellent brand and competitor knowledge across Menswear, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in between.
- Flexible to work across Womenswear when required.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence styling ideas, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- To maintain understanding of Menswear trends and utilise this knowledge on a daily basis to execute intelligent and informed looks.
- Maintain key relationships with the wider business to ensure brands are represented correctly for optimum customer experience.
- Ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Menswear Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Work with the Stylist Assistants to ensure all product is prepped for the shoot within the agreed timelines.
- To maintain efficiencies in the studios and ensure Senior Stylists and Styling Management receives scheduled updates on what is happening in the studios.
- Responsible for briefing freelancers on the daily Best Practices for the Stylist role, ensuring consistency of processes and imagery as well as output of each studio.
- Continually work with peers to implement styling changes that can be made within the studio, improving the images or shoot efficiencies.
- Able to troubleshoot, show initiative through a back catalogue of Menswear fashion knowledge, and have the confidence to make decisions where necessary.
- Have the ability to direct models and work alongside Photographer/Art Director to select imagery.
- Maintain a tidy and workable set, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear of all products and ready for the following days shoot.
- Able to lift and carry clothing on a prep day.
- Making sure products are handled with care throughout the entire studio process and in line with Stock on Loan.
- Mentor Assistant Stylists and encourage their development across all Menswear categories.
- Work efficiently and develop cross departmental relationships.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Experience:
This role requires a person with excellent brand knowledge and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as possessing strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- 2/3 years styling experience in Menswear across both luxury ecommerce and editorial platforms.
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Strong fashion and brand/competitor knowledge
- Tailoring knowledge and technical capability is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Manual handling
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
- Takes initiative
About the Company
About The Role
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development