Digital Site Merchandiser
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As a Site Merchandiser, you will be responsible for the merchandising and optimisation of the Selfridges customer journey. You’re data driven, understand the digital customer, and use key onsite metrics to drive performance.
As a Site Merchandiser you will:
- Own the execution of onsite plans for your division to drive digital KPIs in line with the overall divisional strategy.
- Own the onsite performance of your division. Report and analyse the key onsite metrics across conversion funnel, customer engagement, page performance and search performance.
- Own the sequencing for your category across all pages to drive CTR and conversion rate.
- Based on trading performance, highlighting key products or trends through edits, headers, landing pages and content spots.
- Be responsible for the featured products across all channels, homepage email app, mega menu.
- Launch new product and edits to site, aligned to the appropriate calendar
- Maintain evergreen content, edits and landing pages e.g brand loading pages, holiday and gifting hubs.
- Continuously review the competitor landscape to identify new digital opportunities and site improvements.
- Supports with maximising product visibility through attribution and dual siting.
- Using systems to update attributes, display flags, personalisation and product rules.
- Site walks – monitoring the website and ensuring site standards.
The Ideal Candidate
- Data driven. Knowledge of web analytics tool such as Google Analytics, Content Square etc as well as page merchandising systems such as Fredhopper. You are focused on driving sales whilst maintaining seamless customer journey.
- A digital KPI native. You have strong analytical skills, and the ability to turn analysis into plans and actions.
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You are calm under pressure and can give clear guidance.
- Able to strike the balance between customer experience and driving out the needs of the business.
- Organised and proactive. You are skilled at interpreting data and responding to it. Navigating yourself and your team to formulate plans to drive onsite improvements
- Have a test and learn mentality.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.