Digital Operations Coordinator
Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
This role will ensure that the relationships between the Ecommerce platform, the business data (product, customer & order) and the service elements are integrated and operationally efficient. A robust, stable and commercially viable website together with a seamless customer journey is the key measure of success.
Based in our Wigmore offices you’ll provide a unique and tailored service in Digital Operations to customers both internally and externally, going beyond the ordinary to create moments that cannot be experienced elsewhere. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and to share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
Working in our Digital Operations team you’ll share your knowledge through unique Selfridges stories. Using your passion for what you do, you’ll work confidently with the wider Digital team, Buying and Merchandising team, Concession and 3rd party suppliers to deliver exceptional service. You will use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest industry trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge.
Key Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Support for the operational on-boarding new support Concessions and Direct Suppliers online
- Day to day support for the operational maintenance of the online concession and direct suppliers
- Responsible for documenting all Operations Processes
- Key point of contact for Trade Team on all concessions, direct suppliers and 3rd party suppliers operational issues or enhancements
- Maintain web data integrity (inventory, price, product, images) daily checks of the website
- General web quality assurance and performance
- Provide a degree of out of hours cover, and ensure continuity of service and process
- Help with the planning, testing an implementation of platform releases and upgrades
- Raising and managing issues or enhancements with 3rd party support whilst building relationships and encouraging collaborations.
- Updating the order statuses using the 24 hour report on a daily basis.
- Providing Operational support on key campaigns around the year.
- Coordinate and manage UAT for all releases
- Work with OAS to resolve bugs and issues
The Ideal Candidate
Your passion and confidence will set you apart. While consulting with the digital team you’ll take real pride in delivering a personalised and professional service. Bringing your personality to the service experience you will always look to genuinely connect with your customers while thinking creatively to bring your ideas to life.
The ideal candidate will contain the following skills and experience:
- A sound knowledge of internet retail (operator or consumer)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Issue resolution management at both technical and business levels
- MS Office experience, competent Excel user
- Some exposure to data integration across distributed systems
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- An understanding of product and order life-cycle concepts in e-Fulfilment
- Understanding of the core retail principles
- Creation of reporting from multiple systems / data-sources
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and SQL
- General understanding of file transfer formats
- General understanding of web platforms
- Ability to work in a collaborative and flexible way within a diverse team, including technical and business users, internal and external suppliers
- Ability to apply structured thinking to the resolution of problems
- Commitment to service, completing tasks and to meeting challenging deadlines
- A quick learner, willing to understand and apply new concepts
- A passion for the online customer journey
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to tasks and issues
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and able to interact at all levels
- Strength of character and maturity – able to stand ground when the situation demands, upholding quality processes and team standards
- Able to present reasoned arguments in support of decisions and opinions, considering commercial requirements.
Your Career At Selfridges
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909. The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries.
In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.