Digital Designer - 6 Month FTC
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Design to bring the Selfridges unique personality to life? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are looking for an exceptional Digital Designer, to lead and develop Selfridges creative. Based in our London office, a minimum of two days a week, and reporting into the Digital Design Manager, within the wider Selfridges Multimedia team.
The Digital Designer will concept and deliver innovative and cutting-edge creative across Selfridges’ digital channels. We are looking for a highly talented individual, tuned into the latest creative and cultural movements with a broad skillset and strong aesthetic to bring Selfridges unique brand personality to life through their creative concepts. You’ll support in creating engaging digital design across Selfridges’ digital channels. As part of this, you will:
- Design engaging and inspiring digital creative across multiple channels, including but not limited to areas such as CRM, digital marketing, social and .com.
- Design content pages and assets across the website, to support promotional assets for trade and content, seasonal trade pages and brand hubs.
- Support the senior members of the digital design team on larger digital design projects, working alongside the wider Multimedia Creative team as well as the wider Creative Studio.
- Work closely with production and other areas of the business in responding to briefs, working together to get the best results.
- Collaborate with UX and Development teams to support and improve the Selfridges digital experience.
The Ideal Candidate
- An interest in culture, media and the arts is a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire our digital look and feel.
- You’ll have already have proven experience within a digital design role and, whether in an agency, retail or cultural environment.
- Experience using Sketch or Figma and the full Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects.
- With a can-do approach, be able to work with other teams and designers on projects, as well as being happy to take on a variety of briefs and support the junior designers when needed.
- You’ll be used to collaborating with not only UX and Development teams, but wider creative and cross-functional departments.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing and evolving team who looking to drive the Selfridges digital experience forward. This is a great opportunity to take your next step with the proven experience you have accumulated, or to expand your horizons within a creative driven retail company. It doesn’t just stop at Digital Design either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development