Digital Data Analyst
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
We're looking for a Digital Data Analyst to support the End-to-End Analytics function in delivering Selfridges business insight and analytics.
This role will help the business understand how our customers interact with us by providing detailed insight and analytics into their behaviour when shopping with us. We want to look at the full spectrum, as such we are looking for someone who can be flexible to the task at hand, passionate to seek out new data points that in turn, will bring their analysis and insights to life.
Working across a range of data sets, primarily using SQL (Snowflake & other databases such as BigQuery), Power BI and Looker Studio to analyse behaviour to provide recommendations and reporting insights about our digital products and service-related processes to drive development changes that stretch out across the entire landscape.
As a Digital Data Analyst, you will:
- Use various ETL/ELT tools to build pipelines and convert raw data in structured data products
- Production and management of a regular suite of reporting, benchmarking, product performance and interpreting and presenting their content
- Analyse and understand how best to optimise raw data for storing and visualising
- Be the expert user in a number of tools / packages including SQL (Snowflake), Power BI, Excel
- Work with data analytics experts and SME to strive for greater functionality in our data system
- Be an expert at storytelling to ensure stakeholders are invested in our work
- Work with product owners and use data to show opportunities for development, support business cases and measure the results
- Share your knowledge to excite the wider business around data and empower them to self-serve their own reports
- Ensure the accuracy of data and reports to provide the highest quality of standards.
- Work with stakeholders to scope out and implement analytics requirements for new projects
- Provide analysis around the full customer journey – Purchase behaviour, returns, call centre, abandonments, fraud, and onsite behaviour
- Work with the Senior Digital Analyst to create a data-driven culture, educate stakeholders and ensure data is both accessible and engaging. You will drive and champion the use of data within the wider business
- Work with the wider Analytics Team to ensure we’re setup for success and can answer the most important business questions. For example, working with the Implementation Analyst to ensure our tagging is set up correctly
- Be a data champion, promoting data driven decision making across all teams
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar role
- A passion for data and interest in Retail related data points
- Thorough, demonstrable knowledge of SQL Analysis and data visualisaton. E,g. Power Bi
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Advanced data manipulation skills using SQL, Excel and similar tools
- Experience in analysing large datasets
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining and segmentation
- Adapt quickly to new technology and a fast-paced environment
- Communicate and present clearly, both to a team and to clients
- Manage time efficiently and can focus on multiple projects
- Highly proficiently in Microsoft Office
- Previous coding experience a plus (this doesn’t have to be extensive)
- A highly driven individual, passionate about delivering excellence
- Understanding of Google analytics / Web Analytics
- Experience in developing internal key metrics reporting and scorecards based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- High level of personal energy to drive projects to completion and sustain productivity
- Ability to present structured arguments to resolve issues in a highly creative environment.
- Solid experience in online retail analytics
- Working knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Technical experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating intricate funnels.
- Strategic marketing and retail ecommerce experience
- Commercially minded and experience in interpreting data into meaningful information
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.