Delivery Manager - Digital
We are looking for an experienced Delivery Manager to work within the Selfridges Digital team. You will lead a multi-disciplined, highly skilled and motivated team.
Taking the technical strategy from Programme Delivery & Architecture, you will collaborate with the Product Owner to understand the wider business strategy and define the team purpose. Working with the Technical Lead for the delivery team, you will be accountable for determining ‘how’ to achieve the agreed business outcomes, for delivering them and for optimising your team’s productivity.
- You will enable the multidisciplinary delivery team to build new features and to support the platform, using the appropriate Agile methodology, learning & improving frequently
- Working with the Product Owner, you will help to define the roadmap for any given product and ensure this is translated into user stories, which are then effectively planned for delivery
- You will match the deliverables of the roadmap and what needs to be achieved against the capacity and capability of the team
- You will ensure that the team build solutions to an appropriate level of quality
- Ensure that a range of delivery components including issue tracking, source control, automated testing, CI/CD and monitoring are in place & effective
- Enable teams to define architectural patterns and processes that allow incremental delivery through Agile teams, whilst successfully aligning and integrating with other technology initiatives elsewhere in the organisation
- Act as a trusted expert advisor on Agile and DevOps across Selfridges, helping us to improve how we understand, implement and improve the way we deliver software and infrastructure in a collaborative, pragmatic way
- Promote a culture of transparency in delivery through stakeholder management, reporting & working with the governance framework
- Identifying & working with enabling services, teams & suppliers to ensure they are engaged & supporting outcome delivery
- Working with Programme Leadership to ensure that the delivery budget is in place & invested wisely
- Day to day delivery management of risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies & suppliers
- Active participation in the Delivery Management community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in new ways-of-working from outside the company
The Ideal Candidate
- An individual who is capable of turning strategy into delivered outcomes
- Deep knowledge of the systems delivery lifecycle in an agile & DevOps context
- Understands value of a release led approach & how to implement this
- Empowering teams & enabling them to become self-organising
- Clear & simple communication; transparent & collaborative
- Bring a pragmatism to delivery, able to make key trade-off decisions
- Ensuring that key agile concepts & principles are followed
- Identify issues & risks ahead of others & proactive mitigate or resolve these
- Create an environment of continuous improvement, where everyone tries to be a little bit better every day
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work