The Delivery Lead at Selfridges is responsible for the successful delivery of initiatives across the squads in their domain. The Delivery Lead is also responsible for the line management and development of Delivery Managers and Scrum Masters within the domain.
- Shape and deliver strategically important backlogs of work.
- Work with and influence the business to define initiatives and/or products, agreeing the right delivery approach, drawing together business, architecture, and engineering to ensure the initiative is delivered in the correct way.
- Manage the “path to live” working closely with the integrations and infrastructure teams
- Manage the delivery of cross-squad initiatives within agreed parameters of cost, timescale, and quality.
- Work with Finance and PMO to monitor and report on resources, revenue, and capital costs against project budgets, managing expectations of all initiative stakeholders.
- Work with Procurement to select and manage any third parties to time, budget, and quality. This includes influencing and negotiating as necessary to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Help to manage integration of third parties into our teams as appropriate, depending on the level and nature of partnership desired.
- Work closely with Product Owners/Business Analysts to ensure all projects have the required delivery assets and user story backlogs at the appropriate stages of the delivery lifecycle.
- Work with the Business Analysts/Product Managers to ensure that new business processes are accurately mapped and the implications of these are clearly understood by stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Management - Feel comfortable challenging the status quo respectfully and provide advice to improve delivery.
- Action Planning - Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on developing appropriate plans or performing necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- In-Depth Questioning - Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others to explore the depth and breadth of a problem, draw out the implications of not changing, and help clients self-discover and articulate the value of a solution.
- Risk Management - Uses comprehensive knowledge and/or skills to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and managing risk. Data Collection and Analysis - Works independently and provides guidance and training to others on analysing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Questions Strategically - Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others to uncover the business’ explicit needs and/or unforeseen opportunities and challenges.
- Informed & Decisive - effectively juggle competing priorities and demands for various initiatives to be delivered. Be a reliable decision maker with the ability to make informed decisions based upon analysis, experience, and judgment; offer appropriate solutions and suggestions. Use experience to spot structural problems and recommend ways to solve them
The Ideal Candidate
- Plans and Aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, strengthens alignment and coordination between own work and others', providing well sequenced activities and exact time frames. Foresees and resolves many potential bottlenecks and delays.
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, accepts responsibility for own work, both successes and failures. Handles fair share and does not make excuses for problems. Usually meets commitments to others.
- Business Insight - Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. For example, clearly understands how own activities relate to critical business drivers.
- Action Oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. For example, takes timely action on important or difficult issues. Identifies and pursues new opportunities that benefit the organization.
- Collaborates- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, enlists a range of stakeholders to add value; ensures they are well informed, and surprises are avoided. Builds strong relationships and trust quickly at all levels of the business. Uses their common sense to solve problems and works with others to find the best solution.
- Pragmatic and Flexible - Can deliver results in an ambiguous and challenging environment; and is flexible in their approach (even if things change at the last minute). Prioritises value adding work and is structured in their approach. Proactive - A self-starter with the ability to quickly understand the complexities of technology against the business need to find the best solution against the constraints of time, cost, and quality
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development