Accountable for the base line and target information, security and compliance architecture definition and strategy. This includes the creation, management and socialisation of information standards and reference artefacts within IS and the broader business community, and ensuring alignment to Group information & security policy.
This role contributes strongly to the strategic vision, leading the definition of the transition states for information and data, and supporting the definition of the roadmap for change. This includes the integration architecture and the flow of information across new systems and the existing estate.
Information Architecture: Strategy & Architecture Planning
- Lead the definition of the base line and target information, security and compliance architecture in line with the 2020 programme, and gain commitment to this across IS and the business.
- Understand the key information needs and issues for stakeholders across the business, and ensure that these will be addressed through the overall programme and supporting workstreams.
- Maintain the roadmap to achieve the target information, security and compliance architecture, aligned to the overall programme.
- Share information, security and compliance industry best practice, identify potential opportunities and give insights into emerging technologies and how they could support or augment the strategic vision and roadmap.
Information Architecture: Principles, Policies and Reference Models
- Develop, manage and embed the information, security and compliance principles, policies and processes, ensuring alignment to Group policy and industry standards / legislation.
- Define, manage and socialise a core set of usable information models and reference artefacts. This includes the Enterprise Information Reference Model, the Enterprise Data Dictionary, and conceptual and logical Dataflow Diagrams.
- Drive the consistent management and use of information & data across the IS estate, and the broader business.
- Provide technical leadership to all levels with the IS department on the subject of information, security and compliance.
Programmes & Workstreams
- Work closely with Business Solution Architects, Programme Managers, and Workstream Leads to define the overall programme roadmap, and inform the workstream plans from an information, security and compliance perspective.
- Provide high level impact assessments of issues relating to information, security and compliance, and agree tactical resolution (if appropriate), alongside the longer-term resolution within the overall programme and workstreams.
- Ensuring project design deliverables conform to architectural principles;
- Participating in project governance, approving solutions and designs and conducting quality assurance as required;
- Proactively identifying opportunities and requirements for common application / infrastructure framework solutions and defining the roadmap for development tools for specific technologies / applications;
- Providing input into required governance and technical strategies for the relevant technologies, creating papers for presentation at relevant governance forums;
- Identifying technical risks for proposed solutions, identifying mitigating actions and working with the Enterprise Architecture team and other business / IS stakeholders to ensure plans are in place to complete mitigating actions;
- Providing a deep knowledge of specific architecture solutions and acting as an informed challenger to ensure alternatives have been considered to just doing what weve always done;
- Working in collaboration with the Solution Architects to help produce business solutions for new development projects;
- Undertaking knowledge management activities: identifying, controlling and storing any pertinent information, Documenting all architecture design and analysis work;
- Ensuring that all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to the Selfridges & Co. and Brown Thomas business and that opportunities to improve services and processes are identified and actioned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in at least two IT disciples (such as business analysis, application development, middleware, information analysis, technical architecture, network management, database management, business process); or
- Qualified in an EA discipline, e.g. TOGAF;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture;
- Knowledge of Solution Architecture;
- Experience of retail businesses and systems in at least one of the following areas; retail operations (online or offline), buying & merchandising, marketing, supply chain, finance or HR
- Has appropriate level of knowledge of specific relevant technical areas;
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments;
- Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories;
- Ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements;
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems;
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies;
- Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations;
- Customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent man management skills, especially in developing consensus across diverse groups;
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills;
- Personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience, with an ability to influence colleagues at peer level as well as more senior levels;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage input from others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales;
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion;
- Ability to work as part of an effective and highly skilled team;
- Ability to deliver in a high-pressure, dynamic environment.
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the worlds most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the Worlds Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work