Dangerous Goods Admin Assistant
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As a Dangerous Goods (DG) Administrator, you will support the Product Compliance team – part of the Buying & Merchandising Division. You will assess the suitability and compliance of DG products proposed by our Buyers to ensure any approved products meet the relevant DG criteria for buying and shipping.
As a Dangerous Goods Admin Assistant, you will:
- Support the management and approval/rejection of products; ensuring relevant products have been correctly assessed and coded in line with internal DG policies & procedures and/or the relevant legislation.
- Consolidate and correctly store documents; ensuring full traceability and highlighting missing or conflicting data, non-conformances and/or errors e.g. where DG data is not required and can be safely shipped, or e.g. where gift sets or bundles may raise concerns.
- Manage and resolve queries; liaising closely with internal stakeholders e.g. Buyers, Merchandising, Online Copy, Digital Trading, Product Lifecycle, Retail Ops, Supply Chain and external contacts e.g. brands/suppliers, Distribution Centre (DHL).
- Retrospectively monitor/audit hazardous flags in the relevant systems, trackers and Online platform e.g. UN Codes/UDAs in RMS/Retek, the Off List Checker, Set Up Utility report or online copy, to ensure accurate transition of data/information to the website and Distribution Centre/Carrier (Red Prairie), in line with key launch dates.
- Ensure issues identified are actioned and closed off in a timely manner; investigating complaints or concerns according to procedure and escalating when appropriate.
- Support the research, development and creation of specific Standard Operational Procedures (SOPS) to support the delivery of compliant cross-divisional ways of working.
- Audit the compliance of our online Concession partner products managed by the Product Lifecyle team.
- Proactively review/audit online copy and highlight missing customer-facing flags e.g. non-returnable warning statements to ensure reverse carriage compliance.
- Conduct weekly/fortnightly meetings with key stakeholders to drive engagement; proactively reviewing performance, interpreting and sharing results and key focusses.
- Conduct audits of relevant Back of House areas (across all stores) to ensure storage compliance.
- Work collaboratively e.g. with the Product Management team to support the ongoing improvement of DG compliance across the business from end to end.
The Ideal Candidate
- Analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Organised. You can multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- A problem solver. You can apply different ways of thinking in different situations.
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You can correspond with different people, across various teams, at different levels in the business.
- Able to Influence and build positive relationships by actively engaging with your key stakeholders.
- Proactive and responsive to business needs; you are comfortable with responsibility and ownership of your tasks – able to work autonomously to deliver great results.
- Systems literate. You are proficient in excel, and other Microsoft Office software systems, with high levels of accuracy
- Working towards DGSA Qualification or equivalent (e.g. IATA) (or willing to).
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague – focussed on inclusion (embrace every self), creating the extraordinary and leading with purpose.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.