Customer Data Analyst
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge and passion for Data Analysis to take Customer Insights at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Selfridges has a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join the Customer Analytics Team.
This role would be working on a wide range of strategic customer programs.
As a Senior Data Analyst- Customer Engagement, you will:
- Analyse large data sets to provide business output that informs relevant and targeted customer engagement strategies, including:
- Plan, develop, and maintain reports, models, and automation processes for the VIP department
- Select and provide analysis on invited vs control group customer segments, and to understand the drivers of their behaviours
- Clean and process data for analysis/experimentation
- Build and extract customer lists to support Customer Engagement targeting
- Proactively examine and find opportunities and risks within the VIP community, identify patterns, trends and understanding the motivation and reactions of these customers
- Work closely with the VIP Comms and Membership Manager and Senior Customer Analytics Manager to create and maintain the VIP analytics’ roadmap to support short- and long-term goals
- Lead analytics projects, dealing comfortably with ambiguity.
- Create and manage recommendation logic for customer communications and contact strategy for single touchpoint campaigns, in addition to automated multi-touchpoint customer journeys
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of practical experience as an analyst in data-driven organizations
- Excellent SQL skills
- Proven experience dealing with large, complex datasets of different varieties (e.g. digital data, transactional data, marketing data) and evidence of being able to transform data into actionable insights
- Experience managing the end to end process of CRM campaigns (from customer selection/segmentation through to analysing customer behaviour during and post campaigns)
- Extensive understanding of the core KPIs for measuring success (uplift / incremental calculations, experience with designing, using & maintaining control groups)
- Experience with campaign automation, customer journeys
- Experience building dashboard or self-serve tools, with a preference for Tableau CRM (formerly Einstein Analytics - Salesforce)
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and aggregation of data
- Time management skills: Ability to meet deadlines while dealing with multiple priorities.
- Passionate about the customer - you are passionate about improving the customer experience through delivering actionable insight
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A passion for solving new problems, learning new skills and furthering your understanding along the way.
- Previous Salesforce (Core or Marketing Cloud) experience
- Experience using web analytics software, preferably GA360
- Experience using mathematical/statistical methods to create models and/or forecasts is desirable. Familiarity with statistical software e.g. R, Python, is also a plus
- Experience in the retail sector
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development