Creative Presentation Manager (Visual Manager)
Selfridges today is more than just the sum of it's products - it's a shopping experience that promises to surprise, amaze and amuse its customers by delivering extraordinary customer experiences. Our people are central to us achieving this.
We are recruiting for a full time Creative Presentation Manager (Visual Manager) to join the VM team in our Trafford store. This is a key role within the store management team, playing a vital part in owning & delivering high profile creative VM solutions.
The role owns the coaching and development of the VM team to deliver world class VM, leading by example by demonstrating inspirational standards and behaviours. The successful candidate should have a strong creative knowledge, the ability to influence stakeholders and a proven planner, organiser and communicator.
Covering volume to luxury product handling & styling, this role requires strong relationships with partners across the business, as well as brands, contractors & suppliers. You will ensure great working practices within this fast paced and often challenging environment.
- VM team management and driver of their creative development
- Management of internal relationships with Retail Ops, Facilities and Marketing teams through effective and influencing communication, and able to build strong relationships with external contractors
- Strong project management skills, able to present clear floor plans and solutions to capacity and environment issues, and be recognised as a key contact to the Property team
- Leads by example with excellent product handling and policing skills across the store
- Maintains an excellent understanding of current brands and trends, helping to design and deliver trend VM moments
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally a creative/arts qualification or a VM qualification
- Previous experience managing a team, working with a diversity of brands & products, plus has driven high sales & volume businesses.
- Great commercial focus balanced with creative understanding.
- Proven experience in the field of VM
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Role models our people values
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most coveted brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work.