As a Creative Photographer, you will:
- A highly competent Photographer, with a wide range of lighting techniques and expertise to execute our Elevated e-commerce MW and WW imagery both on and off site. Plus, Beauty shoots, as required
- Reporting into the Imagery lead you will collaborate with the Art Director, Creative Stylist and Creative Retoucher to ensure all Brand guidelines are adhered to and within business time frames.
- Along with the Photography Editor you will guide the Photography team to expertly deliver thousands of commercial and inspirational images every week across Selfridges.com
- You will be required to shoot daily e-commerce sets when in peak and for priority brand product as required.
- Delegate Creative work as and when necessary and to ensure progression within the Photography team.
- Create and evolve Photography guidelines in partnership with the Photography Editor to ensure all guidelines reflect the Selfridges brand playbook.
- Support the Photography Editor in team progression and training
- In Photography Editor’s absence co-ordinate with Studio Manager and Production the team schedule
- Consistently look to improve the customer journey across imagery on the Selfridges e-commerce delivery and feedback to the Creative and Imagery lead.
- Shoot Pre-collections off site when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a strong portfolio of Fashion and Beauty Photography across online and preferably editorial
- Solid experience with luxury and high street brands
- Highly competent in using Capture One Pro, knowledge of digital file handling, organising and editing imagery, Styles and Colour profiles.
- Competent in using Adobe Photoshop, Bridge and other Microsoft Office programs Competent with lighting techniques and adaptable
- Video experience would be beneficial
- A team player who is just as competent to work independently Demonstrated experience with a wide range of Stylists and Art Directors
- Ability to draw on a wide range of references that speak to the Selfridges tone of voice
- Accuracy and a strong eye for detail ensuring delivery of exceptional work Strong organisational skills and exceptional time management.
- Calm within busy environment. You are able to prioritise, are adaptive, with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Engage with the progression of photographers within the Studio team and retention where required.
- Flexibility with early call times when necessary.
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.