Corporate Tax Manager
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Selfridges are looking for a dynamic corporate tax professional to join their tax team
In this role you will be responsible for:
- A mixed role to include both corporate tax compliance and advisory projects.
- Managing the corporate tax compliance process for the Selfridges entities within a view to bringing in-house.
- Building relationships with external advisors, understanding detail of tax computations and year-end tax account provisioning including the consolidated tax disclosures
- Managing QIPs / cash flows from a corporation tax perspective
- Partnering with the business on tax matters with a view to adding value in areas such as:
- Capital allowances
- Updating the business on opportunities and legislative change
- Preparation and management of the annual CFC review, CIR calculations and CBCR reports.
- Managing the outsourced annual R&D and capital allowances work
- Being a point person for the Selfridges finance team on all corporate tax matters.
- Managing and owning tax governance arrangements (SAO, CCO, tax strategy etc.) and giving assurance to the FD.
- Assisting the Group Senior Tax manager with the international businesses and projects such as transfer pricing and interaction with HMRC.
- Assisting with tax advisory projects including changes to group structure and the tax implications of new business models.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be CTA/ACA qualified
- Have a strong background in UK corporation tax including compliance and an awareness of international tax issues.
- Experience in the retail market preferred but not essential.
- Have an understanding of tax accounting processes.
- Have the ability to build strong relationships with key business stakeholders and external advisors.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.