Clienteling & Service Consultant - Birmingham/Manchester
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Learning and Development to help take clienteling and customer service to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Learning and Development as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
This role can be based from either Birmingham or Manchester but will require some travel across all locations.
You will deliver inspiring and impactful clienteling and service development programmes to support the business in achieving its expectations and ambitions to meet customer needs. You’ll work collaboratively to design and refresh programme content to meet expectations and you’ll coach and facilitate individuals and teams to drive change. You’ll work closely with Retail and other stakeholders to support team members to develop their skills through highlighting strengths and areas for development. You’ll collaborate across the team and the business to deliver blended solutions that are aligned to our company values and underpinned by our service expectations.
As Clienteling & Service Consultant you will:
- Input to the smooth planning and coordination of the Clienteling & Service development offer to meet business needs and expectations
- Deliver defined structured programmes through excellent facilitation and coaching of individuals and teams in support of clienteling and service expectations
- Design and develop flexible solutions which utilise clienteling and service insight and expertise
- Maximise and promote use of My Workday Learning and use data and insight to drive decision making
- Collaborate within the wider team and with Business stakeholders to deliver seamless, high quality learning experiences across locations and digitally as required
- Support the performance management and talent review process, to promote a learning culture
- Manage costs effectively and ensure confidentiality is maintained in line with GDPR and compliance requirements
- Support the wider people agenda to drive Business priorities through taking part and collaborating in cross-functional meetings/projects as appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in demonstrating exceptional clienteling and service standards
- Experienced in delivering and implementing structured development programmes
- Experienced in designing training and have a good understanding of each element of the ‘training cycle’.
- Planned and organised in your approach
- A natural facilitator, assured in sharing your knowledge and supporting others to learn, promoting a learning culture
- Commercial and business savvy
- Collaborative, engaging and able to influence others
- Confident in sharing and owning feedback across the team and with delegates where relevant
- Self starting with a with a high level of resilience and attention to detail
- Able to problem solve to drive results
- Self aware - knowing own areas of strength and development
- Continuously building your expertise in clienteling, service, design, facilitation, planning and maintenance of Learning spaces and methods
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking Learning and Devlelopment to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development