Client Consultant - Designer Menswear (Trafford)
As a Client Consultant, you are an essential part of a team that delivers the extraordinary to our customers. As a Retail team member and an expert of all things Selfridges, you are fully knowledgeable of everything about the store including the latest events and services that only Selfridges can offer. Based in your department, you will create memorable experiences by understanding reasons to visit for all our customers, as well as deepening relationships and growing your client book, whilst maintaining the highest of retail standards.
As a Client Consultant you will:
- Create the extraordinary by identifying and connecting with potential clients shopping in your department and be able to quickly assess and cater to their needs in the moment
- Work as part of a team focused on creating a memorable customer experience. From selling and replenishing stock, cashing up and organising rails, to hosting and ensuring accurate data capture at POS and encouraging opt in you understand there is more to the customer experience than just selling
- Dedicate time to building a client base within your division and nurturing long-term relationships through proactive client development. You’ll do this through personalised updates to your clients on new products and experiences based on preferences and interests with a focus on driving OB brands & your divisions key products
- Elevate our customers’ experiences by providing a seamless connection/introduction to the rest of the store including with our Brand Partners for whom you are a recognised and trusted member of the team
- Manage customer feedback, and use it constructively to continually raise the bar for service, sales and retail standards in your area
- Use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge of products and competitors, striving to be an expert in your division
- Understand and follow health, safety and security procedures, and play an active role in preventing stock loss
The Ideal Candidate
- A great communicator. You will adapt your style and service to suit customer needs and preference. You personalise all communication with clients and keep My Yellow Book updated to enable you to demonstrate a deep knowledge of their preferences & interests
- A sales and service expert. You’ll act as a personal concierge to your clients by quickly assessing their needs and delivering an exceptional service; introducing them to colleagues where appropriate
- Well Informed. You are an expert in your division, and you demonstrate excellent product knowledge. You are aware of store events services and reasons to visit that may appeal to your established and prospective clients
- Connected. You understand the importance of building relationships across the shop floor. You know exactly who to take a client to when you need extra product knowledge or to continue their experience across the store.
- Curious. You will seek to discover more about your clients and their preferences, and you will seek opportunities to stay ahead of latest trends and expand your product knowledge outside of your division.
- Tech savvy. You embrace the clienteling tools available to you to manage your client book and you understand the importance of using an omni-channel approach
- A proud shopkeeper. You understand there are various elements of your role. From maintaining a clean and tidy environment, helping with cashing up and supporting the wider team when needed, you will be flexible in your role
- Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected team member
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake and department location, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.