Chef De Partie 30 hours
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
There is more to Selfridges than exclusive designer labels. In fact, over 20,000 customers dine at our cafés and restaurants each week (that’s a lot of customers!) If you can mirror the exceptional standard of service throughout the store, we can offer you an exciting environment with plenty of variety and loads of opportunities to grow.
With a vision to reinvent retail, we launched our sustainability strategy, Project Earth, in 2020, with a bold commitment to change the way we shop and the way we do business. Built on three themes – driving a transition to more sustainable materials, exploring new business models, and challenging the mindsets of our partners and customers as well as our own teams – Project Earth is underpinned by our science-based targets as we look to a net-zero future.
As our new Chef De Partie, you’ll deliver an extraordinary, personalised experience to our customers, catering to individual needs wherever possible. As part of this you will:
- Create and support an excellent experience whilst meeting sales, stock and profit targets.
- Actively look to develop knowledge of our customers, our products and our competitors to make sure we are always one step ahead.
- Follow health, safety and security procedures to ensure a safe environment for the rest of the team and for our customers too!
- Build and grow strong relationships to support effective working relationships with both FOH and BOH.
- Be curious and ambitious to identify opportunities or risks and share ideas to help improve the overall operation.
- Support with forward planning for deliveries, events and new product roll-outs as well as support with stock levels and prevent loss or waste.
- Embrace and immerse yourself as a part of our team, living Selfridges values and bringing a positive attitude to work with you each day!
- Get your hands dirty – sometimes we all have to help out with tasks that go beyond the role expectation.
You’ll be reporting into the Executive Chef as well as working closely internally with the Chef & Restaurant Team, Operations and Health and Safety.
The Ideal Candidate
- As a part of our team in restaurants, you’ll demonstrate a keen interest in delivering the world-class standards and customer experience that we are renowned for.
- Your communication skills will be first-class, and you'll enjoy interacting with customers and team members alike.
- You’ll need good knowledge of fresh foods and organic ingredients, as well as some knowledge of ethical and sustainable farming practices (ideally.)
- A positive, can-do attitude is what we love here, and you’ll always be prepared to go above and beyond for our customers.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to surround yourself by a diverse team, with experience across an array of catering and hospitality disciplines from which you can learn a great deal. It doesn’t just stop at restaurants either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.