Change Trainer (6-Month FTC)
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
We are a function within the HR department, focused on the delivery of internal projects landing people, process and system changes as seamlessly as possible, in order to support our vision and strategy.
It is our responsibility to understand the impacts of a change on our business, building and delivering plans to ensure full readiness ahead of moving to a new way of working, whilst always ensuring that our team members are kept at the heart of everything we do.
We work in collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders across the organisation, in an exciting, fast-paced and ever-changing environment where no two days are the same.
WHAT WE DO…
The Change Team provide expertise and support for projects, which usually follows four stages:
1. Understand and engage. At the beginning of a project, we spend time understanding the change through detailed analysis and engaging with key stakeholders.
2. Plan. Once we understand the change, we plan the implementation, tailoring our change methodology to suit the needs of the project. This includes training, communications and business engagement.
3. Deliver. The next stage is delivery, ensuring that we have met all business readiness criteria so that our team members are fully prepared for the changes.
4. Embed. We support our team members through implementation and adoption of new ways of working to ensure that all change is sustainable and enduring.
What is the role?
As a Trainer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning, designing, creating and delivering training across one or more of the projects within Selfridges’ strategic transformation programme. You will report to the Head of Change and work closely with key project stakeholders.
As a Trainer you will:
- Produce and manage all relevant training deliverables in line with the broader Selfridges learning framework. This will include:
−Training needs analysis
−Training approach and plan
−Training trackers and reporting
−Course outline and training materials
−BAU training and transition approach
−Training feedback forms
- Organise logistics for training delivery, , working with the Workforce Planning team if required and including promoting training via the Selfridges platforms and communications channels.
- Facilitate and deliver training to team members and change champions across Head Office and stores, as applicable, against project timelines, in an engaging and professional manner, which supports and promotes Selfridges’ values.
- Evaluate, track and report on training experience and attendance, updating the content and approach as necessary and sharing progress and feedback with your manager and project team.
- Assuring full transition and adoption of materials in BAU, identifying a course owner and adapting materials and approach where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledgeable within the field of training, with broad training design and delivery expertise, preferably within a retail environment.
- Experienced developing and facilitating a range of learning solutions, including technical and process training and e-learning.
- Flexible. Able to adapt style and delivery methods to ensure the best approach.
- Able to learn new concepts quickly and translate complex information into simple and engaging content, broken down by audience group.
- Organised, able to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- A great communicator. You have excellent influencing skills, building professional, lasting relationships.
- Customer-focused, putting your customers at the heart of everything you do.
- A role model, setting high standards and always leading by example.
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague.
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.