Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As a Change Manager, you will be accountable for the end-to-end change management lifecycle, from assessing change impacts, to planning business readiness, through to ensuring change is fully embedded within the relevant business areas, across our most complex projects within Selfridges’ strategic transformation programme. You will report to the Head of Change and work cross-functionally, partnering with key stakeholders in other functions to successfully deliver in your role.
As a Change Manager you will:
- Develop project sizing and change/training resourcing assessments for your project(s) and ensure this is fed into relevant upstream processes
- Establish and manage the people risks, dependencies, issues and capability requirements across your project(s). For example, functional ‘overloading’, ‘capability gaps’, embracing new ways of working and driving new behaviours and culture
- Work with individual projects and Internal Communications to build engagement plans, including utilising internal communications channels and setting up/chairing forums as appropriate to engage with senior business stakeholders
- Partner with business stakeholders, including Business Leads and Workstream Leads, to ensure that change plans align to their strategic aims
- Produce and oversee the production of key deliverables, including: Change Impact Assessments, Stakeholder Maps, Communication and Engagement Plans, Change Plans, Business Readiness Approach and Tracking, Training Plans, Training Needs Analyses, Training materials, Adoption Tracking and Business Transition Plans
- Contribute to the development of change capability, both within the Change team and within the wider organisation, through sharing knowledge and contributing to best practice Change approach
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaborative. Building relationships is one of your strengths. Whether it’s within your team, with your stakeholders to initiate positive change, or with the wider Selfridges community, you realise the importance on working together.
- Knowledgeable within the field of change management, with an in-depth understanding of the change lifecycle and a particular focus on enabling organisational change
- Customer-focused, putting your customers at the heart of everything you do
- A great communicator. You will have excellent influencing skills and be able to build professional, lasting relationships across all areas and at all levels up to Exec -1
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You are calm under pressure and can break down complex problems and provide innovative solutions
- A role model, setting high standards and always leading by example
- Flexible. Able to adapt style to suit a given situation and comfortable working in an ambiguous environment.
- Experienced. You will have a good understanding of the change management lifecycle
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.