Are you looking for a new Change Lead role that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge and expertise to support Selfridges’ strategic transformation programme? Are you seeking an opportunity to use your relationship building skills to partner with leads of other key functions to successfully deliver and embed technology-enabled change? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Change Management as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Change Lead, you will be accountable for the end-to-end change management lifecycle – from assessing change impacts, to planning successful implementation through to ensuring change is fully embedded within impacted teams – on one of five workstreams on Selfridges’ strategic transformation programme. Reporting to the Head of Change, you will lead a team comprising of change and training professionals, whilst partnering with leads of other key functions to successfully deliver and embed technology-enabled change.
As part of this, you will:
- Provide project sizing and change/training resourcing assessment for new initiatives/projects and ensures this is fed into relevant upstream processes (for example - budget approval);
- Work with Central Change Lead and Head of Change to manage resourcing demand and maintain appropriate blend of permanent versus flexible resource;
- Translate work carried out at project level into a workstream-level view – including change/training plans and change impact assessments – to enable senior stakeholders to understand the wider context and how individual projects fit together;
- Establish and manage the total picture of people risks, dependencies, issues and capability requirements across their workstream. For example: functional ‘overloading’, ‘capability gaps’, embracing new ways of working and driving new behaviours and culture;
- Provide regular updates to Head of Change on plans, approach and key risks and issues;
- Work with individual projects (within workstream) and Internal Communications to build engagement plans, including utilising internal communications channels and setting up/chairing forums as appropriate to engage with senior business stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development of the wider Change team through sharing knowledge and adding to best practice Change approach;
- Manage third party Change/Training vendor relationships, where required;
- Partner with business stakeholders, including Business Leads and Workstream Leads, to ensure that change plans align to their strategic aims;
- Line manage and coach a team of Change Analysts and Trainers;
- Oversee the production of key change and training deliverables, including:
- Change Impact Assessments
- Stakeholder Maps
- Communication, Engagement and Change Plans
- Business Readiness Approach and Tracking
- Training Plans, Training Needs Analyses, Training materials
- Adoption Tracking and Business Transition Plans
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of leading, or being part of, a substantial Change Management function in a complex operating environment within a business undergoing technology-enabled transformation;
- A proven ability to build excellent relationships at all levels, whilst balancing this with the need for strategic challenge at the appropriate time;
- Experience of leading change management on initiatives following an agile delivery methodology would be advantageous;
- Excellent communication skills – able to utilise full Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel;
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end Change Management lifecycle, including the deliverables expected at each stage a technology project;
- Experience of working in a pressured, time-bound project environment;
- Experience of working within a customer orientated function and supporting transformation within this area;
- Retail or service sector experience preferred;
- Exposure to embedding culture change.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a high performing team who are incredibly passionate about supporting successful Change Management at Selfridges. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Change Management either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development