As CRM Lead you will be the ultimate ‘Customer Keeper’, spearheading the development and implementation of the Selfridges’ CRM activity across multiple platforms. You will communicate the vision, plan, deliverables, and benefits of CRM to the business across a wide range of teams, truly placing the customer at the heart of everything we do as we reimagine retail and create a sustainable future for our customers.
As CRM Lead you will:
- Design, implement and optimise the CRM plan including development of new customer groups, journeys and campaigns across channels and devices
- Drive the evolution of the CRM plan ensuring we continue to optimise and deliver brand specific, locally relevant, targeted communications that improve our consumers experience and strengthen engagement as well as CLTV and delivering against short term sales targets
- Define KPIs and review campaigns against agreed goals, with a focus around contactability and opt-in to drive more known customers, increase frequency of visit and influence sustainable choices
- Drive operational efficiencies through systems, tools, processes
- Obsess about customer retention and how to grow engagement and CLTV from existing customers, guiding and understanding how to build loyalty.
- Work alongside Performance Marketing and Finance to accurately forecast and report channel revenue contribution, namely Email and App Push working on plans to grow revenue from CRM channels and lead day to day delivery of these owned channels
- Work with Finance partners to ensure budget is maximised and efficient. Provide regular forecasting and reforecasting as needed
- Work with the Consumer Insights team and Analysts to enhance segmentation / consumer groups as well as campaign processes and reporting
- Work with Creative and Communications teams to ensure the content reinforces the Selfridges brand and sustainability messaging, to build brand equity, drawing on our core values and positioning Selfridges as a unique, world class destination that stands for a sustainable future and is inclusive for all.
- Update the wider business on performance of CRM, informing Retail, Digital, Creative and Editorial teams of planned activations and lessons learned.
- Partner with the Customer Planning, Marketing, CRM and Insight teams to develop better customer insight and customer KPI measurement/tracking activity for customer segments to ensure the best targeting is selected for each campaign
- Successfully communicate the vision, plan, deliverables, and benefits of CRM to the business across a wide range of teams
- Lead, inspire and develop the CRM team demonstrating and living the Selfridges Values.
The Ideal Candidate
- A customer champion with a strong track record in building and developing CRM Programmes and driving Customer Retention through email marketing, loyalty and understanding of clienteling
- Expert in setting and measuring customer KPIs.
- Excellence in numeracy and analytical skills and ability to synthesize large amounts of data and information into concise recommendations and action for the company.
- Collaborative, open and transparent – able to navigate the organisation and to be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experienced in managing and developing high performing teams
- Experience of working within large scale organisations
- Adaptable and flexible outlook. Able to easily adapt to a changing environment and can flex your style to be patient when needed or push/drive to get things done
- You’ll be someone who owns mistakes and learns from them and is able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- You must have a data-driven mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit: You’ll use your initiative and take personal ownership and accountability for the CRM function
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development