CAD Operator (12 Month FTC)
- To produce accurate drawing data, design guidelines, studies, and phasing drawings.
- To maintain and manage digital drawing data for all Selfridges sites. To provide CAD and planning support for feasibility and Strategic projects.
- To support retail planning process to produce detail and accurate briefs
- Produce and issue accurate quarterly Space Management plans and reports, on time for all Selfridges Stores (individual responsible for specific areas)
- Maintain digital drawing data for all Selfridges sites (individual responsible for specific areas). Check survey and amend Selfridges base survey and all relevant working drawings
- Check, archive, file and update all for construction and as built drawings to provide a retrievable database for all Selfridges properties.
- Respond to general CAD queries within the agreed SLA of response within one day to communicate expected delivery time on a rota basis
- Create feasibility plan for strategic projects, highlighting retail potential, M&E information and retail v stock room square meter where required
- Produce planning layout (for Strategic projects) incorporating brand names and fixture layouts
- Produce accurate drawing data, design guidelines and phasing drawings.
- Maintain design standards drawings, ensuring high quality presentation and accurate and useful information.
- Manage receiving, archiving and issue of CAD information in line with property procedures
- Publish CAD information to the business through maintenance of the appropriate Property pages of the company intranet
- Produce 3D models and visuals as appropriate to communicate ideas and aid decision making
- Support the retail planning process with plans, studies, diagrams, photos and update the retail briefs to ensure the business and external partners clearly understand the requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Keeps up to date with CAD technology and suggests upgrades
- Ensures High Quality Cad information from the system
- Effectively manages written and oral communication
- Maintains records
- Expertise in CAD
- Proficient in In Design & sketch up
- Excellent formatting skills for presenta
- IT literate – beneficial to have good Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Good relationship management
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.