Buyers Admin - Home
Are you looking for your first Buying role? Have a little experience already and want your first experience of working for a fast-paced, passionate department where no two days are the same? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Buying as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Buyers Administrator, you’ll provide fundamental support towards the success of the Buying department. As part of this, you will:
- Be the first point of contact with suppliers and the warehouse where you’ll look after all aspects of deliveries from amending schedules to resolving queries with the distribution centre when they come up.
- Look after the Buyers worksheet and create sku’s using a software called Retek. You’ll also have an eagle eye where you’ll flag areas that are incomplete in order to continually help the team improve.
- Update and maintain the database where you’ll perform a wide variety of administrative duties, from setting up accounts for new suppliers to checking and maintaining the accuracy of all orders.
- Be a friendly face who is always on hand to assist the team through all administrative aspects of the buying process.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll be super organised and probably love a list!
- Your attention to detail will be second-to-none and you’ll pride yourself on your level of accuracy.
- You’ll be a natural problem solver who really enjoys finding solutions and being a go-to person within a department.
- You’ll be a fantastic communicator as you’ll get the opportunity to connect with several different departments and suppliers during your time as a Buyers Administrator at Selfridges.
- You will be more of a numbers person who loves getting to grips with systems. Being proactive in this sense will truly set you up for success in our Buying department.
- Finally, you’ll have a real ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to inspire confidence in all those you assist.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to support the Buyers Assistant, Assistant Buyer and Buyer to implement the creative strategy for Selfridges, and an exciting one at that. It doesn’t just stop at Buying either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development