International Client Ambassador
Purpose of role:
The Client Development Manager – Local Manchester Chinese Community (LCC) is accountable for managing the Chinese community’s activity instore at Selfridges Manchester. This position will provide expertise on both the local and international Chinese community, optimising store trading by: networking; building relationships both locally and internationally; developing a client base and updating them on key store services and activities, as well helping the store celebrate key calendar events in Chinese culture.
KEY SKILLS AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Drive Store performance by identifying trading opportunities from both the Local Chinese Community (LCC) in Manchester, as well as the International Chinese Community travelling to Manchester, to maximise trade
- Develop a strong client base and network in the LCC and raise awareness of key services in store available to them
- Responsible for developing and then owning relationships with key community partner’s and associations
- Provide Chinese community expertise and direction for the Store to help curate a strategic marketing plan year on year
- Support Marketing and Events teams to optimise and drive additional sales from the LCC to drive on-going brand awareness
- Support and steer the execution of key events such as Chinese New Year, Graduations etc.
- Supporting both the Management and Retail teams with the use and understanding of new technologies, such as we chat and new payment options, as and when they come forward
- Generally strengthening the relationship between Selfridges Manchester and the Chinese Community by keeping up to date with activities, celebrations and movements within this culture.
The Ideal Candidate
- Native Chinese speaking
- Strong Manchester Chinese Community expertise – local customers and key product awareness
- Experienced working within a fast paced, commercial environment
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met
- Comfortable working closely with senior stakeholders and influencing decisions at all levels.
- Ability to build and maintain key relationships cross-functionally
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to communicate the Manchester China Community specific information to the wider teams / business
- Ability to drive own initiatives through to completion
- Commercially aware and customer focused
- Flexible, open to change and proactive.
About the Company
Since opening its doors in 1909, Selfridges has continued to be the premier destination for a truly extraordinary customer experience. The spirit of innovation and creativity imagined by Harry Gordon Selfridge still lives on through its owners today. Having launched Project Ocean in 2000, we continue to lead the way when it comes to sustainability and truly believe “there are no hard times for good ideas”.
Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries in 8 currencies.