Brand Specialist - Skin & Wellbeing
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As a Brand Specialist, you will be the subject matter expert and true ambassador for your own business area. Fully knowledgeable and understanding of your Brand’s story and heritage, it is your job, to grow business, and in doing so to deliver the best service that only Selfridges can offer, and maintain the highest of retail standards in your space. Share your knowledge with your team, to raise the profile of your brand and drive sales.
As a Brand Specialist you will:
- Deliver exceptional service to our customers by sharing product knowledge, creating a memorable experience and effectively managing complaints when they arise
- Excite and motivate other colleagues in your department, by sharing your knowledge of your brand, communicating stories of newness, product exclusives and other info to help drive sales to deliver product knowledge, cascading this information via training
- Understand the need to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation, spot opportunities to improve business, customer service and retail standards
- Understand and follow health and safety procedures and security procedures, and play an active role in preventing stock loss
- Adapt to the challenges that vary from day to day. A flexible role, you may be required to work on different departments, taking your service excellence and collaborative spirit with you
- Build and develop your own client base. Using your exceptional service skills to nurture customer relationships, that you will maintain through your unique personal service
The Ideal Candidate
- All over the numbers. You will be set sales, CRM, and NPS targets…to name a few. So even if you haven’t had much first hand exposure to this data, you will have the curiosity and appetite to learn more
- A great communicator. Passionate about our products as well, this combination will mean you can deliver inspiring brand training to your team
- Well informed. You will make it your business to know what our competitors are up to
- Known to be a sales and service expert
- Collaborative. Your brand partner or contact within our own team will rely on you to keep them informed, whether successes, challenges or customer feedback
- Approachable. You will be a leader in your department and will be invested in your wider team and on hand for requests, be they queries, coaching support
- A proud shopkeeper. It will fall to you to replenish stock, maintain the Selfridges standards and inspire others to deliver the same
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.