Senior Sales Associate Accessories
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Deliver an extraordinary customer experience and style advice tailored to individual needs by being curious to understand your customer and offer additional services where appropriate
- Create an extraordinary selling experience for customers meeting sales, stock and profit targets
- Actively seek to develop knowledge of our customers, our products and our competitors
- Build on and grow clientele by building one to one relationships with customers and maintain this rapport so they are encouraged to return and are offered a bespoke shopping experience
- Achieve high personal productivity and encourage team to increase client list to creatively drive sales
- Manage customer complaints effectively yet compassionately knowing when to refer them to an appropriate member of the Management Team
- Share expert knowledge and passion of other areas within Selfridges to customers
- Conduct refunds and exchange helping the customer to find another suitable item/product if necessary or alternatively offer our online services
- Expand customer to company relationship by utilising CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Make, tell and share stories
- Work as one alongside Sales Associates, Consultants, Brand Specialists and Managers
- Excite and motivate wider team to deliver product knowledge, cascading this information via brand training workshops and group demonstrations
- Lead by example to inspire clientele
- Immerse in the Selfridges Communities and Networks
- Embrace and embed Selfridges values on a daily basis
- Use confidence to communicate with the team openly and with clarity
- Take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- Proactively develop excellent product knowledge by following trends and being aware of competitors
- Show passion and enthusiasm about products and services available
- Inspire customers with creativity throughout the sale or experience
- Assist and provide the team with daily and weekly sales figures and productivity reports
- Identify and understand department’s strengths with DM regularly while compiling opportunities
- Support Brand Specialists to achieve stock loss targets
- Offer and show respect in the environment within the store
- Take pride in ensuring the standards are adhered to every day, e.g. cleaning, tidying
- Replenish stock ensuring that all items/products are out on the shop floor
- Work collaboratively with direction from VM to ensure merchandise is put in size order and guarantee displays look appealing to customers
- Check sku tickets and ensure all items are tagged
- Follow health and safety procedures and security procedures
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who loves to deliver an extraordinary memorable customer experience and understands our customers. As a forward thinker, you’ll be up to speed on trends, competitors and develop excellent product knowledge.
A strong degree of commercial awareness would be advantageous, as would the ability to demonstrate initiative and spontaneity in challenging situations, both customer facing and behind the scenes. Personal and positive, you’ll be able to resolve customer complaints and motivate your team. Passion, attention to detail, leadership skills and the ability to adapt are vital.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their retail career within an innovative, global and omni-channel business.
Your Career At Selfridges
Since opening its doors in 1909, Selfridges has continued to be the premier destination for a truly extraordinary customer experience. The spirit of innovation and creativity imagined by Harry Gordon Selfridge still lives on through its owners today. Having launched Project Ocean in 2000, we continue to lead the way when it comes to sustainability and truly believe “there are no hard times for good ideas”.
Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries in 8 currencies.