Are you looking for a Stylist Assistant role where you can make the most of your sense of style to help produce top quality, fashion-led imagery? Are you someone who knows what ‘good’ looks like and wants the opportunity to show what you can do? Have you been searching for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital Styling as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You’ll need strong creative visual skills, backed up by heaps of fashion and brand knowledge (you’ll know your Marni from you Missoni).
- You love to research trends and take an interest in what your competitors are doing at all times.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a fast-paced team who are incredibly passionate about styling to create stunning visual stories for brands on selfridges.com. If you’re looking to progress your career in the Photostudio where you’ll get the chance to work with lots of different brands, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop in the Photostudio either – there are loads of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
- Communication skills are absolutely key. You’ll be dealing with a lot of different stakeholders so you’ll have no problem using your initiative and taking direction from stylists, photographers and managers at all levels.
- You’ll be one of those rare breeds who has a good mix of organisational skills and attention to detail with an eye for what looks good visually.
The Ideal Candidate
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development