The aim of the role is to support the styling and product display across all Fashion areas of the store, with excellent VM standards, encompassing the Selfridges tone of voice, current trends, and commercial opportunity.
- You’ll assist with the Fashion styling across Fashion areas (supported by the stylist and VM Manager).
- You’ll also assist with product presentation and the setting and agreeing of standards and benchmarks against competitors.
- You should be proactively involved in implementing themed installations within Fashion spaces, working within a close knit cross-functional team that is able to ‘Own It & Deliver’.
- You’ll work with the Stylist and the Retail Operations team to build on their understanding of styling standards and maintenance.
- You’ll also work closely with key contacts in Buying & Merchandising and Retail Operations to agree trends, brand call-outs and product layouts in order to maximise sales potential, supported by the Stylist.
- Along with the Stylist and/or your line manager, you’ll regularly perform comparative ‘shops’ of new and inspirational places to maintain an understanding and awareness of competition, direction, trend and key brands.
The Ideal Candidate
- A Creative/Art background would be an advantage
- At least 1 years’ experience in Visual merchandising/styling roles
- Retail Operations experience.
- Good planning and organising skills
- Creative understanding and the ability to translate this into practical solutions
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- knowledge of Fashion brands and trend
Personal Attributes/Behavioural Skills
- Good communication skills
- A ‘Pacey & Positive’ working attitude and the ability to inspire it in those around you