Assistant Marketing Manager
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
The Assistant Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning of Marketing activity through a customer lens. They will work cross functionally with other central teams - such as Marketing, Events, PR, Social, Creative, Buying and Digital.
As the Assistant Marketing Manager you will:
- Drive a customer centric omnichannel marketing strategy, drawing on our core values and positioning Selfridges as a unique, world class destination that stands for a sustainable future and is inclusive for all.
- Manage the integrated customer planning calendar working collaboratively with the wider marketing team and planning functions. This calendar is to be used to inform the wider business with key customer focuses and support plans, acting as a central point of reference of upcoming priorities.
- Work cross-functionally with teams (including Events, PR, Organic Social, Creative, Buying and Digital) to deliver briefing documents, collated channel plans and wash up documents in line with key projects and calendar moments.
- Consistently guide, challenge and advocate for well thought through and validated copy and content per campaign, ensuring outputs are relevant and aligned with broader Selfridges messaging.
- Provide support to brand partnerships conversations in working with channels to note brand contribution opportunities when formalising approach to ongoing key projects and campaigns.
- Consistent consideration of process and ways of working when collating information across teams, looking to establish strong internal relationships and support teams in streamlining workflow around upcoming priorities.
- Drive reactive updates across marketing channels in response to executive level decisions and customer market requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and breadth of experience in store and digital marketing.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders, peers and work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Experienced in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work at pace paying attention to the detail
- Able to think strategically
- Strong process / project management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exemplary planning and organisation skills
- Resilient and resourceful with ‘can do’ attitude and strong focus on delivery
- Aware of all competitor activity including product offerings and events
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
- Flexibility to support the marketing team with wider projects
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.