Assistant Marketing Manager - China
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your experience to join our International Marketing team as Assistant Marketing Manager for China? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
The Assistant Marketing Manager - China will be responsible for managing the social media content across Chinese platforms (Weibo, WeChat, RED), lending their excellent copywriting skills and creative flair to growing Selfridges’ social communities in China. This person will report to the Chinese Marketing and Content Manager and take on the copywriting and creation of Selfridges’ Chinese social content.
As Assistant Marketing Manager - China you will:
- Copywrite for Selfridges’ Chinese social channels (Weibo, WeChat, RED) and ensure Selfridges brand identity is maintained in the Chinese market;
- Utilise local insights and communicate relevant stories and messaging that will resonate with the Chinese digital community;
- Support Chinese Marketing and Content manager in shaping and executing a content strategy on relevant channels;
- Work closely with the CRM, Digital, and wider Marketing teams to map out comms schedule and calendar for the relevant channels;
- Generate weekly reports on social media performance and circulate within the business;
- Liaise with in-house and freelance designers and developers to create assets and graphics for relevant channels;
- Perform BAU tasks on WeChat including updating navigation menu, welcome messages, etc;
- Coordinate paid social activities with relevant stakeholders and media agencies and closely monitor KPIs;
- Share insights on local customer and social media landscape widely across the business.
- Other duties and responsibilities to support the wider Brand and International Marketing team as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be bi-lingual (Mandarin mother tongue, fluent in English and able to read and write in Simplified Chinese);
- Have proven experience of creating social media content for luxury fashion or lifestyle brands;
- Be digitally savvy and possess expertise and up-to-date knowledge in growing communities and followings on Chinese social platforms;
- Possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable working closely with senior stakeholders and influence decisions at all levels;
- Have solid fashion knowledge and strong awareness of fashion trends, as well as experience working in the luxury industry;
- Have the ability to work under pressure to ensure tight deadlines are met;
- Have the ability to build and maintain key relationships cross-functionally;
- Be commercially aware and customer focused; and be flexible, open to change and proactive;
- Experience in executing paid social activities on agency side preferred.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development