Assistant Business Manager, Pat McGrath
Are you a skilled retail assistant manager? Could you build a successful department – in every sense? Do you insist on the highest standards?
Then you’re the kind of person we’re looking for.
The Assistant Business Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Accountable for achieving sales goals
• Help develop and implement a business plan to achieve growth
• Analyze and record sales on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis
• Foster brand and retailer relationships by aligning strategic initiatives
• Lead and execute strategic business planning with store management and GM
• Partner with stores on visual merchandising to ensure the brand is represented at the highest presentation level
• Manage all levels of inventory and stock issues including placing orders, reporting damages and testers, tracking inventory levels, and minimizing shrinkage
• Oversee and drive promotional activity planned for the account throughout the year
• Plan and execute impactful store events that meet brand standards
• Manage collateral and resources effectively including testers and samples
• Hold team accountable for meeting all brand standards, expectations, and goals
• Identify, recruit, and onboard retail makeup artists and freelance artists
• Exemplify and cultivates Pat’s philosophy and brand culture
• Support brand education and artistry to drive sales
• Lead by the highest example in every capacity for the store team and the brand
• Possess knowledge of brand and products
• Network and gain the trust of potential customers and partners
• Build, maintain and lead positive rapport with in-store staff
The Ideal Candidate
An experienced retail manager, you can lead teams in fast-moving, high sales/volume business. You’re not afraid to join your people on the shop floor and you’re passionate about customer service. In fact, you insist on high standards all-round and combine this with pin-sharp commercial acumen. A role model for your team, you’ll show everyone what a great department looks like.
Some weekend working is essential, but as an experienced professional, you’ll understand and be flexible.
• 3-5+ years relevant work experience (Assistant Business Manager or similar role), Selfridges experience is a plus
• Ability to interact with all levels of management, work collaboratively and build positive/effective business partnerships
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (i.e.: verbal, written, group presentation and through facilitation)
• Effective planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Demonstrates agility and leads change in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Engaging, outgoing, approachable personality
• Passion for meeting new people and evangelizing great products
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PPT
• Proficient in Google Drive preferred
• Available to work any day of the week, including weekends, and travel frequently
• Store based within designated territory including NY HQ
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.