As an Art Director, you will:
- Reporting into the Creative Lead, you will work alongside the Styling Manager and Styling Editor to oversee all E-commerce imagery adheres to Selfridges style guides.
- Art direct all creative shoots which come through the studio and work closely with the Studio creative team to present back to the Creative lead.
- Line manage the Creative Content creator and ensure imagery for Reasons to visit is in synch with the Brand playbook.
- Line manage and mentor the senior styling team engaging with their progression and leaning into to their strengths to support the Creative and Imagery lead.
- Partner with Creative Vision and Imagery lead to align all e-commerce imagery across the website and enhance the customer journey on PDP
- The guardian of priority buys and exclusive or re-sale brands as they flow through the daily studio workflow ensuring elevated treatments are applied.
- Weekly review of contacts sheets across Stills and Fashion and share feedback with the wider team
- Support daily midweight styling and photography sets where required to achieve consistency across sets.
- 5 days a week, full-time, studio based role
The Ideal Candidate
- A strong portfolio of Art direction across Fashion, Jewellery and Accessories for online Previous experience as a stylist is beneficial
- A team player who is just as competent to work independently Demonstrated experience with a wide range of Photographers
- Ability to draw on a wide range of references that speak to the Selfridges tone of voice
- Accuracy and a strong eye for detail ensuring delivery of exceptional work Strong organisational skills and exceptional time management.
- Creative flair whilst commercially minded
- Calm within busy environment. You are able to prioritise, are adaptive, with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Competent in producing presentations and style decks to share with senior stakeholders Accuracy and a strong eye for detail ensuring delivery of exceptional work
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.