Art Director - Menswear
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and direct the creation of stunning imagery for luxury fashion products? Are you searching for a fast-paced, creative role that gives you the opportunity to elevate and maintain a fresh and forward-thinking brand identity? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Art Direction as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our Photostudio Art Director you will deliver the Selfridges creative vision, through on-set art direction and image composition of all luxury e-commerce fashion imagery across predominantly Menswear, and Womenswear. Reporting to our Head of Art Direction, you will understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve high quality imagery according to Selfridges style guides but also to maintain efficiencies on set.
As an Art Director you will:
- Play the lead role for on-set art direction of pre-allocated luxury fashion products, whilst collaborating with Photographer, Stylist and Digi on set for image selection.
- Possess excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Womenswear and Menswear Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Have a strong understanding of styling and working closely with stylists on set.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to elevate the look and feel of posing and image composition, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- Ability to make quick decisions for image composition and selection.
- Ability to direct quick changes to posing whilst keeping model and crew energised.
- Calibrate with the Production team for new freelance talent and artist bookings.
- Collaborate with Castings team to cast models according to Creative Direction.
- To maintain understanding of Womenswear and Menswear trends and utilise this knowledge on a daily basis to art direct on set.
- Excellent brand and competitor knowledge across Womenswear and Menswear, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in between.
- To maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the Photostudio to maintain productivity and an excellent quality of work.
- Ability to art direct across both Womenswear and Menswear sets
- Practice a clear set policy ensuring the set is presented professionally at all times
- Develop cross departmental relationships.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
The Ideal Candidate
This role requires a person with strong communication skills, excellent brand and trend knowledge and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as:
- In-depth experience in Art Direction/Creative Fashion Styling
- Strong ability to be vocal on set for directing models, selecting imagery and leading the art direction
- Previous experience in a fast paced photographic production environment
- Strong fashion, brand and competitor knowledge
- Luxury Ecommerce experience is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active and flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development