Are you looking for an Allocator role to kickstart your career in Merchandising? Are you searching for a role to complement your love for numbers and analytical skills? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As Allocator you will be responsible for ensuring that the correct stock is on the right place at the right time to maximise sales. You will be responsible for optimising the flow of stock through the business to the stores by means of auto re-ordering and allocation, while assisting the Merchandising team with weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc analysis and communicating to the buying teams.
As Allocator you will:
- Maximise both stock availability and stockturn through best use of auto replenishment and allocation.
- Optimise stockturn by highlighting slow selling products and recommending actions to be taken
- Action transfer of stock between stores and DC once agreed and ensure that RTV deadlines are met.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the department, concession performance, best and worst sellers, competitor activity etc.
- Input markdown following direction from the Merchandiser/AM.
- Work with the DC to resolve queries and to highlight any unresolved problems
- Chase suppliers for delivery of orders within the allocated delivery window and assist with booking in at DC where necessary
- Monitor supplier fulfilment rates on deliveries and highlight any poor suppliers to AM
- Provide weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc analysis for the Buyer and Merchandiser to inform them of risks and opportunities
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the relevant systems (Retek, Excel, Essbase) and to attend training when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledgeable. You will have strong retail knowledge and an understanding of Merchandising
- Organised and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A problem solver. You are able to apply different ways of thinking in different situations
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams
- A proactive team member. You collaborate with the wider Buying and Merchandising teams
- Pacey, positive and flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for your tasks
- All over the numbers. You are analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement
- Systems literate. You are proficient in excel, and other Microsoft Office software, with high levels of accuracy
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This job is a brilliant opportunity to start your career as part of a hardworking team who are incredibly passionate about what they do. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development