Allocator (14 month Mat Cover)
As Allocator you will be responsible for ensuring that the correct stock is on the right place at the right time to maximise sales. You will be responsible for optimising the flow of stock through the business to the stores by means of auto re-ordering and allocation, while assisting the merchandising team with weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc analysis and communicating to the buying teams.
As Allocator you will:
- Maximise both stock availability and stockturn through best use of auto replenishment and allocation.
- Optimise stockturn by highlighting slow selling products and recommending actions to be taken
- Action transfer of stock between stores and DC once agreed and ensure that RTV deadlines are met.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the department, concession performance, best and worst sellers, competitor activity etc.
- Input markdown following direction from the Merchandiser/AM.
- Work with the DC to resolve queries and to highlight any unresolved problems
- Chase suppliers for delivery of orders within the allocated delivery window and assist with booking in at DC where necessary
- Monitor supplier fulfilment rates on deliveries and highlight any poor suppliers to AM
- Provide weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc analysis for the Buyer and Merchandiser to inform them of risks and opportunities
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the relevant systems (Retek, Excel, Essbase) and to attend training when required
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledgeable. You will have strong retail knowledge and a solid understanding of Merchandising
- Organised and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A problem solver. You are able to apply different ways of thinking in different situations
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams
- A proactive team member. You collaborate with the wider Buying and Merchandising teams
- Pacey, positive and flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for your tasks
- All over the numbers. You are analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement
- Systems literate. You are proficient in excel, and other Microsoft Office software, with high levels of accuracy
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.