Accounts Payable Assistant - Fixed Term Contract
Are you looking for a Accounts Payable Assistant role that gives you the chance to work for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are looking for an Accounts Payable assistant to join us on a 6 months fixed term contract.
The main purpose of this role is to process supplier invoices accurately and to agreed payment terms and deal with any queries generated in a timely manner
- Process Supplier Invoices
- Process and match invoices accurately to the relevant receipts within invoice matching ensuring that we maximise payment terms
- Raise debit notes and write offs as and when required for price/quantity variances
- Ensure all invoices that are manually authorised are done so in accordance with the authorisation matrix
- Managing Supplier Relationships
- Make every effort to manage the expectations of all areas, own it and deliver
- Regularly review supplier statements
- Investigate any requests for non payment of due balances checking the appropriate database
- Review aged outstanding invoices and chase for authorisations promptly, be pacey and positive
- Communicate to suppliers the necessity to receive all invoices and details of any queries directly to the AP team in Leicester
- Auditing expense claims in line with policy
- Ensure regular reviews of outstanding claims/invoices are conducted to keep the ledgers clean
- GRNI Investigation and Clearance (Goods Received Not Invoiced)
- Prioritise order of importance by value, volume or sensitivity of account
- Check supplier account for unmatched invoices or debit notes relating to GRNI and process payments if appropriate.
- Review supplier statements and request any invoices not received, and escalate to Team Leader if not forthcoming
- Adhoc Tasks
- Occasional helpdesk cover
- Posting out of miscellaneous letters, Remittances POD requests etc….
- Any other management requests
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Basic Keyboard skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Team Player
- GCSE or O Level Maths & English
- Good T & A standard
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development