Accounts Payable Assistant (Leicester)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get and use your knowledge of Accounts Payable to take our Accounts Processing role to the next level?
Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Accounts Payable Team based from our Selfridges Office in Leicester.
This is a key role in managing supplier relationships, processing invoices for payment in a timely manner and resolving any relating queries.
As an Accounts Payable Assistant you will:
- Be the key contact for your suppliers and key contacts within the business, establishing great relationships through clear communication
- Maintain your accounts to ensure that supplier statements are clear
- Be responsible for resolving supplier queries
- Process invoices for payment
- Be responsible for clearing down the Goods Received Not Invoiced under your remit
- Be able to work effectively with all other areas of the business
The Ideal Candidate
How you’ll do it…you will be:
- A strong communicator. An excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Collaborative. A key team player with strong interpersonal skills that can work flexibly where required
- Knowledgeable. A proficient user of the full Microsoft Suite
- Resilient. Able to work effectively under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload while ensuring deadlines are met
- Meticulous. Have a keen eye for detail
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking the Accounts Payable role to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development