Accounts Payable Admin Assistant - Part Time
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of finance administration to take Customer Experience at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Main Purposes: To ensure Selfridges suppliers, customers and concessions understand our processes and receive relevant documentation in a timely manner and to support in the resolution of enquiries in a professional and polite manner
- Frontline contact for all concession queries
- To have good knowledge of Selfridges systems ensuring that the concession is dealt with as quickly as possible
- To provide any copy documentation that the concession requests in a prompt and timely manner
2. Responsible for the distribution of AP documents to our external contacts
- Updating all e-mail addresses in relevant places so all relevant documents are able to be e-mailed out to all our suppliers/customers/concessions
- Run daily jobs in EBS for e-mail distributions and check results
- Prepare and load monthly compliance invoicing & distribute paperwork
- Print, sort & post monthly debit balance statements
To support and connect with the wider team
- To complete daily data entry for GNFR AP team
- To support on the employee expenses processes
- To monitor and follow up on the B & M markdown support tracker
- Run daily/weekly/monthly reports and update AP stats packs
4. Adhoc duties
- To support across the AP team with any ad hoc administrative tasks when requested e.g. supplier statement reconciliations, AP helpdesk cover, collation of concession paperwork etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Communication Skills
- Good Timekeeping & Attendance
- Confident Telephone Manner
- Ability to Influence
- Understanding of Supplier Needs
- Willingness to learn
- Team Player
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development